Sunday, September 09, 2012
This could save your life
I found this in the advice section of the German Motor Club (ADAC) magazine. This information was new to me. If you are cycling in flat country or at the top of a hill and are caught out in a thunderstorm, then get off your bike. Move away from it to a distance of several metres (yards). A lightening flash which strikes your bike could jump over to you if you are too near. The next piece of advice was given to me as a Boy Scout. So not lie completely flat but sit or kneel down so that you are a small target.
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- Free Bike Hire in Zurich, Switzerland
- Does our Mayor need to buy a Stetson?
- Bicycle Rental in and around Düsseldorf
- Common sense triumphs, amazing!
- Dutch cycleway technology triumphs again!
- Bicycle hire in Paris, France
- Bicycle Hire on the Lower Rhine (Emmerich)
- Bicycle hire on the Lower Rhine in Germany (Kleve)...
- By bike to the Floriade
- E-bike development
- This could save your life
- A Cycle Route Planner for the Netherlands.
- More information on-the-spot fines for cyclists in...
- Improvements for German cyclists?
- Using the NRW Cycling Route Planner
- Red face avoided
- Kalmit Klapprad Race 2012
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)