Thursday, September 06, 2012
Improvements for German cyclists?
Politicians have an amazing ability to not think in a joined up manner. The best British example I know is the combining the aim of reducing carbon dioxide output while planning the building of new airports and runways. This type of thinking is also unfortunately true for Germany. The German Minister for Transport has just announced the new Radverkehrsplan 2020 (The bicycle in traffic plan 2020). This is basically a set of aims for the future, e.g. The aim is that cycling should make up on average 15% of all journeys up from 10% at present. Unfortunately at the same time the budget for cycleway construction and publicity will fall from €76 Mio this year to €60 Mio in 2013. How these two match is not easy to see.
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- Free Bike Hire in Zurich, Switzerland
- Does our Mayor need to buy a Stetson?
- Bicycle Rental in and around Düsseldorf
- Common sense triumphs, amazing!
- Dutch cycleway technology triumphs again!
- Bicycle hire in Paris, France
- Bicycle Hire on the Lower Rhine (Emmerich)
- Bicycle hire on the Lower Rhine in Germany (Kleve)...
- By bike to the Floriade
- E-bike development
- This could save your life
- A Cycle Route Planner for the Netherlands.
- More information on-the-spot fines for cyclists in...
- Improvements for German cyclists?
- Using the NRW Cycling Route Planner
- Red face avoided
- Kalmit Klapprad Race 2012
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)