Groningen is a town in the North of the Netherlands. Some of the traffic lights in the town have been equipped with rain or snow sensors, so that when it rains or snows cyclists do not have to wait as long for a green light. There does not appear to any complaints from motorists who have to wait longer. It is intended to equip more traffic lights in this way later. Unsurprisingly about 50% of all journeys in Groningen are made by bicycle.
Source: LVI-Info 86 2/2012
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- Free Bike Hire in Zurich, Switzerland
- Does our Mayor need to buy a Stetson?
- Bicycle Rental in and around Düsseldorf
- Common sense triumphs, amazing!
- Dutch cycleway technology triumphs again!
- Bicycle hire in Paris, France
- Bicycle Hire on the Lower Rhine (Emmerich)
- Bicycle hire on the Lower Rhine in Germany (Kleve)...
- By bike to the Floriade
- E-bike development
- This could save your life
- A Cycle Route Planner for the Netherlands.
- More information on-the-spot fines for cyclists in...
- Improvements for German cyclists?
- Using the NRW Cycling Route Planner
- Red face avoided
- Kalmit Klapprad Race 2012
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)