Saturday, September 08, 2012
A Cycle Route Planner for the Netherlands.
Although we are Luddites when it comes to GPS we have noticed in recent months that route planning software has improved greatly. We wrote about the North Westphalian Route Planner earlier this week. By chance while checking the links in "Cycling in Europe, Hints and Tips for the Touring Cyclist" our new free pamphlet, I found a Dutch Route Planner for the Netherlands and a few km over the borders: http://www.fietsersbond.nl/fietsrouteplanner/. It is excellent. You have a choice of four languages: Dutch, German, Friesian and English. There is a bar across the top of the map with a "Languages" tab. Click on that to get the language you want. You can click on the map to set up the start and finish points, add intermediate points to adjust your route, see the location of the Knooppunt nodes, find all sorts of useful information for the tourist like cyclist friendly accommodation, bike shops, bike hire shops and even park benches (picnic spots?). It is quite wonderful and can offer hours of virtual cycling pleasures in the warmth of your living room when the icy wind is whistling off the frozen ponds outside. It could be even better if it connected to the North Westphalian Route Planner, but maybe one day…
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- Free Bike Hire in Zurich, Switzerland
- Does our Mayor need to buy a Stetson?
- Bicycle Rental in and around Düsseldorf
- Common sense triumphs, amazing!
- Dutch cycleway technology triumphs again!
- Bicycle hire in Paris, France
- Bicycle Hire on the Lower Rhine (Emmerich)
- Bicycle hire on the Lower Rhine in Germany (Kleve)...
- By bike to the Floriade
- E-bike development
- This could save your life
- A Cycle Route Planner for the Netherlands.
- More information on-the-spot fines for cyclists in...
- Improvements for German cyclists?
- Using the NRW Cycling Route Planner
- Red face avoided
- Kalmit Klapprad Race 2012
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)