From May to October, you can rent one of over 200 robust City Bikes in Zürich completely free of charge, seven days a week. Bikes can be picked up at the following locations by presenting valid ID and a returnable deposit of CHF 20.00. The bikes cannot be reserved in advance. It is intended that they are used for daily hire, nipping around the city out along the lake rather than trundling up an Alp or two for a couple of weeks. You can pick up the bikes at any hire station and return them to any other. Daytime hire is free, but an overnight hire costs 10 CHF.
There are two hire stations opened all the year round by the Hauptbahnhof in Zurich:
Bike Station North, Swiss National Museum: daily, 8am-9.30pm
Bike Station South, Sihlpost: daily, 8am-9.30pm
and a number opened in summer from May to October:
Globus City: daily, 9am-9.30pm
Bellevue: daily, 9am-9.30pm Bahnhof Enge: Mon-Fri: 10am-9.30pm, Sat-Sun: 9am-9.30pm Bahnhof Oerlikon, Swissotel: Mon-Fri: 12am-9.30pm, Sat: 9am-9.30pm, Sun: closed Im Viadukt: Mon-Fri: 11am-9.30pm, Sat-Sun: 9am-9.30pm
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- Free Bike Hire in Zurich, Switzerland
- Does our Mayor need to buy a Stetson?
- Bicycle Rental in and around Düsseldorf
- Common sense triumphs, amazing!
- Dutch cycleway technology triumphs again!
- Bicycle hire in Paris, France
- Bicycle Hire on the Lower Rhine (Emmerich)
- Bicycle hire on the Lower Rhine in Germany (Kleve)...
- By bike to the Floriade
- E-bike development
- This could save your life
- A Cycle Route Planner for the Netherlands.
- More information on-the-spot fines for cyclists in...
- Improvements for German cyclists?
- Using the NRW Cycling Route Planner
- Red face avoided
- Kalmit Klapprad Race 2012
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)