Like many people who live in Germany, we regularly shop at ALDI, one of the leading discount stores in the country and in Europe. We are generally very satisfied with the goods the company sells, but… ALDI sells not only its core grocery goods, but also has a series of special offers that are on sale over a number of weeks. It appears to be habit for some customers to break open sealed packets to examine what is inside them and then leave the opened packets behind. It is definitely weird. Not all the goods are handled in this way. ALDI-Süd is selling a filled pepper mill at the moment and various of the packets in our local branch had been opened today. For goodness sake, it's a pepper mill with a clear plastic cylinder and you can see the contents, What more do people want? Maybe there is a PhD or at least a Master's degree in retail sociology to be written here and maybe even a cure for the problem.
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2016 (48)
- Bike hire in Salzburg
- How do bike years compare to people years?
- Danube Cycle Way: Hire bikes for a one way trip be...
- Cycle Tours in and around Mannheim
- Interesting free German Cycling Magazine
- Things don't always improve
- Changing trains with a bike in Austria or the tri-...
- Get me to the station on time!
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)