We are rewriting our Lake Constance book - "Only in High Gear" as an e-book on Smashwords and on Kindle. It really is a superb place for a family cycling holiday:
Almost no hills.
If a day goes on too long there are ships aplenty to climb on.
Every lakeside community offers swimming beaches.
Three countries to choose from.
What we have noticed though is that the cosy world of cycle touring is not immune to financial trends. The high cost of the Swiss Franc means that the Swiss hotel trade has been hard hit as tourists stay away. We have noticed that some hotels have closed. We try to suggest ways round the cost of holiday making in Switzerland in the guide - where to eat and where to stay.
We hope the book will be in the electronic bookshops in about a month.
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- SMIDSY and SPEZI
- Lake Constance to Lake Königsee
- e-Bikes in Saarland
- Bike Hire on Lake Constance
- Cyclists as an economic force
- Biking through an abandoned mine in Austria
- The Viernheim Table and the soft drink bottle depo...
- Lake Constance on a bike, a tandem or a trike
- Exploring the Moselle and the Saar Valleys
- Deposits on soft drink and beer bottles in Germany...
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)