- Heavy Pedals Lastenrad Transport- und Verkauf OG in Vienna (www.heavypedals.at) construct a cargo trike that will carry a wheelchair. The company offers courier services in Vienna and sells and has a range of cargo bikes and trailers for hire.
- Anton Wiegers builds recumbent bikes and tandems, including the Janus Tandem where the captain and stoker face in different directions. He also constructs kits (Opus 3) to modify bicycles to be used as tricycles in cases where illness has removed balancing capabilities. He usually has a number of bicycles available that can be hired for a (half) day trip. If you fancy especially whizzing around quiet country roads backwards give him a call to book an appointment and to ensure that the bicycle of interest is available. Altena-Bike, Anton Wiegers, Korn 19, 4271 BM Dussen, NetherlandsT: 031 (0)416-391420 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.altena-bike.nl (In Dutch but much of it is understandable)
- In about a months time SPEZI Special Bike Show in Germersheim will be opening its doors (26-27 April 2014). The exhibition is good place to talk to experts about special bikes or trikes. Many of the major constructors are present.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Good Ideas for Bikes in Cities: Cycling after illness
In the West at least people are living longer, but not always that healthier, so there is a need for new and modified bicycles and tricycles to solve problems caused by disability.
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- An easy way to carry shopping and loads on a bicyc...
- Vennbahn revisited
- Fines for mobile phone users in traffic
- Good Ideas for Bikes in Cities: Cycling after illn...
- An excellent article on cycling in cities
- Preview SPEZI Special Bicycle Show Germersheim 201...
- Good Ideas for Bikes in Cities: Illuminated Biking...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)