Irene Posch, a Viennese designer (www.ireneposch.net) has developed a pair of cycling gloves with integrated LEDs on the back, conductive areas on the palm and finger ends and a small battery. The five LED lights are in the shape of an arrow. Clenching the fist causes the LEDs to light up. They will greatly improve cyclists' visibility on a dark night. A good idea. The gloves also have conductive areas on the fingertips that allow for touchscreen use. However, we’d recommend that you not use your phone while on a bike. It is bad enough that motorists continue to use mobiles while driving.
Kits are available to modify a pair of knitted gloves from:
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- An easy way to carry shopping and loads on a bicyc...
- Vennbahn revisited
- Fines for mobile phone users in traffic
- Good Ideas for Bikes in Cities: Cycling after illn...
- An excellent article on cycling in cities
- Preview SPEZI Special Bicycle Show Germersheim 201...
- Good Ideas for Bikes in Cities: Illuminated Biking...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)