The Berlin tourism website has a section about cycle touring in Berlin: fahrrad.visitberlin.de. It comes up in German, but click on the language list on the top right hand corner to find the English version. The website offers route information and information on thirty cyclist-friendly hotels and hostels which are tailored to meet cyclists' needs:
- Cyclists needing just one night's stay are welcome
- Secure overnight bike storage free of charge, but please check with the hotel for details!
- Room to dry out clothes and gear
- Breakfasts rich in vitamins and carbohydrates or the option for cooking facilities
- Regional cycling maps provided
- Information about guided city tours
- Bike repair kits for minor repairs & maintenance
- Directions to the nearest bike shop for major repairs
- Advice on booking environmentally-friendly return journeys by public transport
All of the hotels and hostels on the Visit Berlin list have bikes for hire.
Cyclists can download suggestions for tours in Berlin from komoot.de and use an app available from Google Play Store or iPhone App Store on their smart phones to navigate.