Monday, October 01, 2012
We went to Zurich for a few days last week. By chance we went to the Züspa - an ideal home exhibition. The Zurich Police were represented and we enquired about bicycle police. "Oh yes", said the young policeman we asked, "we have seventy two policemen and -women on bicycles, obviously not all the time. I, myself, would normally be out there, but I am here today." He said that the bicycle police were faster across the city with its pedestrian zones and tram tracks as well as being quieter than the vehicles the other police use. These factors lead to high arrest rates for the bicycling bobbies. We were also able to get a copy of the Zurich Police list of on-the-spot fines for cycling transgressions, but that's tomorrow's blog.
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► 2015 (72)
- ► 2014 (82)
- ► 2013 (82)
- Transport Bicycle and Rickshaw Rental in Berlin
- Our new website
- Bike Hire in France
- Bike hire in the Czech Republic
- Bike Hire in Prague, Czech Republic
- Cycle Touring in the Czech Republic and in Slovaki...
- Google Maps for Cyclists, Great but…
- Bike Hire at Weeze Airport
- Bicycle Rental in Switzerland
- On-the-spot fines for cyclists in Zurich, Switzerl...
- Police on Bicycles in Zurich
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (12)